Sixth Form: completing your St Edward’s education
he Sixth Form at Teddies builds on the skills and learning of the Shell and Middle Years, though both new and existing pupils will find the academic environment of the Sixth Form markedly different to their previous studies.
What makes the Teddies Sixth Form?
There are many benefits to the Sixth Form at St Edward’s. Watch the film below to find out more.
- Oxford – the city of Oxford is more than just the School’s geographical location, it is an intrinsic part of the St Edward’s experience. Sixth Form pupils benefit from the proximity and links with the University, as well as from the cultural and social opportunities in a vibrant city serving a large student population. Read more here.
- Academic flexibility – offering pupils the choice of A Level or the IB Diploma gives more scope to each individual to tailor their academic environment to best suit their skills and requirements. You can watch a film on some of the particular aspects of the IB Diploma at Teddies here.
- Outstanding Careers and Higher Education Departments – the hands-on Careers Department is run by a former head-hunter with extensive experience in the real world of work, whilst the Higher Education team are structured to offer highly tailored guidance. Read more here.
- Academic Forum – a lively series of talks and events within school, open to all Sixth Formers, Academic Forum provides further opportunity for debate and discussion.
- The Sixth Form Guide – to read the pupils’ own views on what defines the St Edward’s Sixth Form click here or on the publication to the right.
Sixth Form life
To find out more about life in the Sixth Form, click on the images below to read the Prospectus or the IB and A Level Course Guides.
The next main St Edward’s Open Day for Sixth Form entry will be in September 2020. To book a place for the Open Day, please click here. For information on how to apply for the Sixth Form at St Edward’s, please click here.
What the pupils think
Compared to friends at other UK boarding schools, I had the best experience as part of the Teddies communityEmma, OSE
A class of people fully engaged with a subject and wanting to learn is a real benefit of the Teddies Sixth FormMax, OSE
As a new Sixth Former I was made to feel incredibly welcome and felt like I belonged in no time.Molly, OSE