An uplifting setting. An unrivalled mix of learning and culture.
Our location has a huge impact on school life:
- Strong links with academic departments at Oxford University make for excellent opportunities for extending knowledge and interests beyond the curriculum.
- Oxford is a compact, easy-to-navigate city; 5 minutes by bus or 10 by bicycle from St Edward’s.
- Oxford is a culturally sophisticated city — great news for those who wish to attend concerts, gigs, Evensong, exhibitions, plays and talks – not forgetting the impressive public programme at the School’s own North Wall.
- St Edward’s pupils enjoy being part of a city. The School supports many local organisations (ORFC, Wolvercote Cricket and Hinksey Sculling, among others) and pupils energetically support local charities and institutions through fundraising and hands-on volunteering.
- Oxford is a beautiful city in which to live and work, a great asset when recruiting teachers and coaches.
- Summertown, a thriving urban village, is 3 minutes from School, featuring coffee shops, delis, the school outfitters, an artisan bread shop, a bookshop, banks, supermarkets, pharmacies and a stationers’.
- We have excellent national transport links: two mainline train stations serve central London (1 hour away) and luxury coaches leave for London every 11 minutes; Birmingham and London Heathrow airports are both about an hour away.
“Being close to Oxford was a huge plus — it enabled us to get out of the comfort zone of the school environment and experience real life. There was an abundance of culture to soak up.”