St Edward’s: a refreshingly different kind of school
he deliberate emphasis on a broad range of academic abilities on entry means that the community fizzes with diverse interests and enthusiasms. At the upper end, 90% of our top pupils gain the highest grades in their Sixth Form exams and take up places at the world’s best universities – a record which exceeds the outcomes of many highly selective schools.
St Edward’s is:
- A co-educational, boarding and day school. For information on boarding, please click here, and for day pupils, please click here
- For children aged 13 — 18
- A community made up of roughly 85% boarders and 15% day pupils, with 60% boys and 40% girls
- Joined by pupils from some 60 different Prep Schools. Overseas pupils make up 15% of the school population and come from over 40 countries
- Made up of 13 Houses for both boarding and day pupils, five for girls and seven for boys, and our emerging co-ed House, Cooper Lodge. Each established House contains around 60 pupils from all year groups
- Readily accessible for public transport connections to London and beyond: Heathrow and Birmingham airports are an hour away, and central London an hour and a half
- Operating the new Teddies Coach service, running every weekend between London (South Kensington) and Oxford, via Beaconsfield.
What people think:
A busy school with a rosy outlook, ideal for a range of academic abilities - the late bloomer, the all-rounder and the high-flyer who doesn't wish to be a mere pebble, fighting for survival, in the tidal wave of Oxford's academic powerhousesThe Good Schools Guide
There's a sense of belonging. Everyone is treated equally. It doesn't matter whether you are sporty, arty or academic, we are all the same and there are opportunities for everyone.Joe, Fourth Form
We chose Teddies because it is co-educational and has a wonderful reputation for happiness.Current parents
We are impressed with the ethos of the school and the general environment. The children seem to come from a variety of backgrounds and the school supports each child (not just the academics) to fulfil their potential.Current parents