Sixth Form Entry
St Edward’s welcomes approximately 45 pupils into the Lower Sixth (Y12) each year to begin A Level courses or the IB Diploma.
For details of scholarships (Years 9 and 12 only) and bursaries, click here.
Pupils applying from overseas whose first language is not English must submit a UKISET test before registration.
How to apply for a place in the Sixth Form:
November the year before entry
- Pupils sit our own Sixth Form entrance exams and attend an interview at St Edward’s on Monday 2nd November 2020 (A Level) and Tuesday 3rd November 2020 (IB).
- Past papers are available here
- All candidates are considered for an Academic Scholarship
- Pupils must be registered and have completed the Sixth Form Application Form to sit exams
- The minimum entry requirement for Sixth Form is 6 GCSEs or equivalent at 9 – 6. Pupils should gain a 7 or above in subjects they hope to study at A Level or at Higher Level in the IB.
December the year before entry
- Places are offered on 1st December; parents are given one week to accept
- Parents are asked to pay the £1,500 acceptance deposit; £1,000 is repayable on final account