Sixth Form Entry
St Edward’s welcomes approximately 60 pupils into the Lower Sixth (Y12) each year to begin A Level courses or the IB Diploma.
For details of Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries, click here.
Pupils applying from overseas whose first language is not English must submit a UKISET test before registration.
How to apply for a place in the Sixth Form:
Prior to November the year before entry
- Attend our Sixth Form Virtual Open Morning.
- For pupils wishing to apply for entry in 2022, the main Open Event will take place in September 2021.
November the year before entry
- Pupils take an online Assessment and attend an interview at St Edward’s in early November.
- All candidates are considered for an Academic Scholarship
- Pupils must be registered and have completed the Sixth Form Application Form to sit exams
- The minimum entry requirement for Sixth Form is 6 GCSEs or equivalent at 9 – 6. Pupils should gain a 7 or above in subjects they hope to study at A Level or at Higher Level in the IB.
December the year before entry
- Places are offered on 1st December; parents are given one week to accept
- Parents are asked to pay the £1,500 acceptance deposit; £1,000 is repayable on final account