Sixth Form Entry
Please note that the deadline for application for entry in September 2021 has now passed.
St Edward’s welcomes approximately 40 pupils into the Lower Sixth (Y12) each year to begin A Level courses or the IB Diploma.
For details of Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries, click here.
Pupils for whom English is not their first language, that have taken the Cambridge English Test / IELTS or equivalent, are asked to submit their test results to us together with a recent school report. This will assist us in gauging their level of English before they submit a formal application to attend the School.
How to apply for a place in the Sixth Form:
Prior to November the year before entry
- Attend our Sixth Form Open Morning.
- For pupils wishing to apply for entry in 2022, the main Open Event will take place on Saturday 25th September 2021.
- Please note that whilst a few places remain for boys wishing to attend this event, it is with regret that we can no longer accept bookings from girls as all places have been taken.
- We will be running an additional Sixth Form Open Morning Open online at 9.00am on Thursday 23rd September which is open to both girls and boys, so do please select this from the drop-down menu below if you would like to attend this virtual event.
October/ November the year before entry
- Pupils take an online Assessment in late October
- Pupils sit Entrance Exams and attend an interview at St Edward’s in early November.
- All candidates are considered for an Academic Scholarship
- Pupils must be registered and have completed the Sixth Form Application Form to sit exams.
- The minimum entry requirement for Sixth Form is six GCSEs or equivalent at grade 9 – 6. Pupils should gain a 7 or above in subjects they hope to study at A Level or at Higher Level in the IB.
December the year before entry
- Places are offered on 1st December; parents are given one week to accept.
- Parents are asked to pay the £1,500 acceptance deposit (an additional deposit is required where one or both parents are resident outside the United Kingdom); £1,000 is repayable on final account.