Sixth Form Entry
Please note that the deadline for application for entry in September 2021 has now passed. For late entry enquiries please contact the Admissions Department.
St Edward’s welcomes approximately 40 pupils into the Lower Sixth (Y12) each year to begin A Level courses or the IB Diploma.
For details of Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries, click here.
Pupils applying from overseas whose first language is not English must submit a UKISET test before registration.
How to apply for a place in the Sixth Form:
Prior to November the year before entry
- Attend our Sixth Form Virtual Open Morning.
- For pupils wishing to apply for entry in 2022, the main Open Event will take place in September 2021.
November the year before entry
- Pupils take an online Assessment and attend an interview at St Edward’s in early November.
- All candidates are considered for an Academic Scholarship
- Pupils must be registered and have completed the Sixth Form Application Form to sit exams
- The minimum entry requirement for Sixth Form is 6 GCSEs or equivalent at 9 – 6. Pupils should gain a 7 or above in subjects they hope to study at A Level or at Higher Level in the IB.
December the year before entry
- Places are offered on 1st December; parents are given one week to accept
- Parents are asked to pay the £1,500 acceptance deposit; £1,000 is repayable on final account