All-Rounder Scholarships at St Edward’s are available for entry at 13+
The closing date for 13+ applications is Monday 8th January 2018, the 16+ entrance and scholarship deadline was Monday 16th October 2017.
ll-Rounder scholarships are offered, at Shell entry only, to those who will make exceptional contributions to the life of St Edward’s. They must be academically sound, expecting to maintain 65% in the entrance exams, have strong leadership qualities and be able to demonstrate considerable talent in two of the following areas: art, dance, design technology, drama, music or sport.
All candidates will sit papers in English, Maths and Science and take part in a series of leadership activities.
- Art: candidates should produce a portfolio and be prepared to talk about their work with the Head of Art. They will also undertake a short drawing activity
- Design Technology: candidates should produce a portfolio and be prepared to talk about their work with the Head of Design Technology. They will also undertake a short design activity
- Dance: candidates must prepare a set piece and produce a portfolio outlining details of their dance achievements
- Drama: candidates must prepare a set piece and produce a portfolio outlining details of their drama achievements
- Music: candidates will be asked to perform two contrasting short pieces, or one longer piece on their main instrument (which could be singing). They will be asked to play one piece on any other instrument. In addition, candidates will be asked to sight-read a short passage, play some scales of their choice and complete some aural tests.
- Sport: candidates should be able to demonstrate ability at 1st team level in one of the school’s major sports (rugby, cricket, hockey, rowing, netball and tennis). They must also demonstrate the attributes required of sports scholars: enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and good sportsmanship
Candidates may be asked to take part in sport on the day assessment, but only those offering sport will have their performance assessed.