Years 9 (13+) Entry
St Edward’s welcomes:
- Approx 145 pupils into the Shell Year (Y9), aged 13
- Children at prep schools come via Common Entrance, or the Prep School Baccalaureate
- Children who are not at prep schools take an online Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Assessment
Pupils applying from overseas whose first language is not English must submit a UKISET test before registration.
For details of Scholarships, Awards (Years 9 and 12 only) and Bursaries, click here.
Please note, the information below relates to application for entry in to Year 9, September 2021. If you are interested in registering your child for any other year group, please contact the Admissions Office on 01865 319200.
How to apply for entry in to Year 9, September 2021 (13+): the Shell Year
Visit the School
We are currently unable to welcome visitors to St. Edward’s however when things return to normal, the following arrangements will be back in place:
Visit the School. We recommend the best time to do so is when your child is 9 or 10 years old. There are a number of ways in which to do so:
- Smaller Virtual Open Mornings are held most Saturdays during term time
Further details on our Arrange a Visit page
If you think St Edward’s might be the right School for your child, we suggest you register. Pupils must be registered to sit the 13+ Verbal Non-Verbal Reasoning Assessment and have visited the School. Only registered pupils will be considered for a place.
January of Year 8
- Pupils not applying from a prep school attend an interview, sit an online Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Assessment and places are confirmed
Scholarships and Awards
St. Edward’s offers a range of Scholarships and Awards to support the School’s ethos of encouraging participation and excellence across all areas of School life.
Click on these entries to read more:
13+ covering Art, Dance, Drama and Design Technology
16+ covering Art, Dance and Drama
Dates for Scholarship and Award applications, examinations and trials can be found here.
June of Year 8
- Children from prep schools sit Common Entrance or complete the Prep School Baccalaureate
- All places are confirmed and joining papers are distributed